Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Free Comic Book Day

Hey Gang, Its that time of year again! Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday May 5th. I will be signing comics at Comics Plus in St. George Utah. It's Dave's 25th Anniversary at Comics Plus and he's throwing one gigantic party. Garrett Wang who starred as Ensign Harry Kim on Star Trek Voyager will be there with Lee Wiley and myself. ITS GONNA BE HUGE. So stop by, get your books signed, see the latest Dragon Age art. I will have artwork for sale and will be doing commissions. Above is a sample of the latest from Dragon Age #6 available today to download from the Dark Horse Digital Store. If you come to Free Comic Book Day you can see the originals (and buy it if you like!).


4 comments:

Slade Hart said...

That page is so sick. I wish I could spend free comic day there with you my friend FCBD sucks here in Eugene. It's really limited and there are not true events. Have fun.

Slade Hart said...

My prediction was accurate. FCBD in Eugene was the doo doo. I hope your FCBD was The Best.

Unknown said...

We had a very disappointing experience here in the Boise area, this year. Coming from Portland where it’s always been a huge event more like a national holiday for my family, I took off work this year to take the fam out for FCBD but found myself wishing I had gone to work instead. Check out this article my wife Kara wrote about FCBD in Boise over on Forces of Geek (She’s their comics editor):

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2012/05/fcbd-fail.html

Anyone else see a difference in how FCBD went this year from previous years? Do you think it's getting better or worse?

Chad Hardin said...

I'm sorry to hear that you guys had a bad FCBD. Dave at Comic's Plus was celebrating his 25th Anniversary of being in business. Needless to say it wasn't his first rodeo. I and everyone in St. George had an excellent time, but I can see how things could easily go wrong with bad management. In my experience there are three types of Comic Stores. The first kind is the type that is like a second home to the customer. I have been extremely lucky to have always have a good store around me run by competent enthusiastic people. The second type are the type of stores run by "the comic book guy" on the Simpsons. 'Nuff said. The final and worst type of store are those ran buy people who are known to partake in certain illicit drugs. These type of stores never last. The only thing I can suggest is try to find the first type of store and help them have the FCBD that you want to have. I know Dave had at least 5 volunteers to help him that day. Steer away from store types 2 and 3 if at all possible. Sometimes when you live in a small town this can be hard. I hope the owners of the stores you guys attended are open to suggestions and I wish you a better experience next year.